All football (training and matches) has been suspended at Hykeham Tigers FC due to the Covid-19 situation. The full statement from the FA is as follows:
WE NOTE THE UK GOVERNMENT’S ANNOUNCEMENT THIS EVENING WITH REGARDS TO THE NEW NATIONAL COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS AND LOCKDOWN.
As a result, the impact on ‘non elite’ football in England will include the suspension of fixtures and training across the following, with immediate effect:
- Steps three to six of the National League System (NLS)
- Tiers three to seven of the Women’s Football Pyramid
- Regional NLS feeder leagues
- Barclays FA WSL Academy League (unless under elite status)
- FA Girls Regional Talent Clubs (unless under elite status)
- All indoor and outdoor youth and adult grassroots football, including under-18s (except organised outdoor football for disabled people which is allowed to continue)
- Vitality Women’s FA Cup (which is currently classified as ‘non-elite’ at this stage in the competition)
It is extremely important that clubs, players, coaches, match officials, league officials, volunteers, parents, carers and facility providers adhere to the UK Government’s new national COVID-19 lockdown restrictions and we implore everyone to follow these.
Dialogue will continue with the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport, leagues, competitions and County FAs and we will provide further updates for the 2020/21 Vitality Women’s FA Cup, Buildbase FA Vase and ‘non-elite’ football when relevant.
We would like to thank the football community once again for its hard work, resilience and understanding during such an incredibly challenging period for both the game and wider society.