On behalf of the Hykeham Tigers FC Committee…
All footballing activities remains suspended until further notice. The club committee continue to monitor government and FA advice. If you know of anyone who is struggling to get essential supplies like food or medication please get in touch with our volunteer force by calling (01522) 904184 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately the FA have issued guidance today to all grassroots clubs requesting all activities are suspended until further notice. This is in response to the prime minister’s statement today.
As a committee, the safety and wellbeing of our players, and their families is and will always be our top priority. For this reason, the club will be following the guidance given by the FA.
With immediate effect, all training and other activities related to Hykeham Tigers FC has been suspended. This includes training, matches, and team social events.
Antony Sissons, club chairman said:
We realise that this is pretty devastating news and that the reason we’re all in this is to get kids playing football but unfortunately we have been left with no choice.
Take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
This is an ever changing situation, and this page will be updated when new information becomes available.
The impact of Covid-19 (Coronovirus) is being felt in all parts of society. Yesterday, the FA and EFL announced that their respective leagues were being suspended until 3rd April at the earliest. Following this announcement, the Midlincs Youth League, who we are proud members of, announced that they were also suspending all matches until 3rd April. The committee fully accepts the reasons for this, and respects the decision of the league.
In terms of training, the committee have decided that, at least whilst schools remain open, training should continue. If members of Hykeham Tigers FC are showing symptoms of either a cough, or a fever (temperature over 37.6), they should follow government advice, self isolate, and should not attend training. Whilst it is the committee’s wish that training should continue, we understand that some volunteers may have concerns and wish to not train during this time. The committee have decided that this decision will solely rest with the manager of the team. Managers will contact their parents to let them know whether training will continue.
This is the club’s position at this time. The situation is constantly changing, and we will update this statement when new information becomes available, or our position changes.
Last updated: 14/03/2020
For more information about Covid-19: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/